Sunday, July 1, 2012

One Little Monkey Sitting in a Tree, Two Little Monkeys...



It can be difficult at times to believe I actually live in Africa.  The news scenes of genocide, starving children, and unimaginable poverty are far reserved from this African island, as are the pictures of majestic safari creatures roaming around and filling the landscape.  Just as I needed a reminder of where I really am, a fuzzy little creatures darts across the road in front of me.  I slam on the brakes and put the car in reverse to find a curious little macaque monkey with 5 other friends perched in the trees off the side of the road.  We watched  in awe for twenty minutes as these wise looking monkeys curiously peaked out of the bushes before quickly darting back, just to return again seconds later.  This unplanned encounter served as a good 'oh I'm really in Africa' moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment