Within minutes of reaching 12 meters down to the ocean floor for the first time, my dive instructor, Omi, spots a small octopus and pulls him from his hiding space in the colorful coral. He plays with it for awhile as it spews out black ink and I watch in amazement.
The morning started without a plan. After a quick glance out the window and a view of calm seas, Omi was on the phone and within 45 minutes I was sitting alongside my mom and Omi as we performed the customary scuba diver back roll off the boat, collected ourselves, and descended for my first open water dive ever. We performed two dives of 28 minutes and 27 minutes. I displayed my mastery of specific dive skills while surrounded by beautiful coral and fish of all colors.
One day later with two more dives into the beautifully blue Indian ocean, I became officially certified as an open water scuba diver. What a great way to cap off my first week in Mauritius! Can't wait to see what the next 11 have to offer.
| Find the Fish |

No comments:
Post a Comment